Wrestling has been the oldest form of combat, which dates back to over 15,000 years ago. In ancient times, the wrestlers used holds which are common in today’s wrestling. Learn more about the amazing facts about wrestling at the Asianbookie website which talks about various games, wrestling included.
Some of the facts that are revealed about wrestling will shock you:
- Did you know that wrestling is a popular mythology where it is believed that Zeus took over the rule of the world after defeating Cronus in a wrestling match? Cronus was his father.
- Wrestling has been referenced in the Bible, which is one of the oldest books
- Courbertin Baron Pierre, who is founded the current Olympic Games named wrestling as one of the foundational sports in 1896.
- Most countries have rules and regulation about the wrestling sport based on their culture and traditions
- According to Asian bookie, WrestleMania is a form of wrestling entertainment which features, larger than life characters who battle in a ring. Some of the characters who are found in WrestleMania include Undertaker, Jimmy Hart, Hulk Hogan, and The Deadman.
- Wrestling builds diligence, perseverance, and determination
- Wrestling is the number 6 sport loved by high school male students
- The number of female participants in the sport has grown since 1994
- The Cadet / Junior National championship is the largest wrestling tournament in the world which attracts over 3,600 entries yearly
- You do not require a lot of money in order to start the wrestling sport
- Freestyle wrestling for males became an Olympic event in 904
- The women freestyle wrestling was incorporated as an Olympic event in 2004
- Beach wrestling is fun as it is done at the beach, with male or female participants standing. The participants are supposed to stand inside a 6 diameter sand-filled To win, you have to push the opponent out of bound or pin him or her to the ground by pressing their shoulders.
- The Japanese refer to their wrestling as puroreau and it is more sport oriented as compared to the North American which is made popular via characters and theatrics,
The modern wrestling regulations and standards were developed b FILA which is an organization which recognizes which recognizes two types of wrestling; folk and international. The eight distinctive disciplines which are recognized:
- Freestyle wrestling
- Oil wrestling
- Beach wrestling
- Mixed martial arts / Combat grappling
Get informed about wrestling via Asian bookie.