When it comes to being fit and healthy, there are tons of ways on how to do it! Proper diet and exercise are the two basic things one must have. With exercise, the best thing about it is the fact that it is vast. There are a lot of options you can choose from when looking for a form of exercise to do! From body weight exercises, running, swimming, and even yoga, the choices are endless. Horseback riding is also one unique way to work on your form and shape as well!
Intensity of Horseback Riding
People assume that horseback riding isn’t as intense as any other sport due to the fact that the player is just sitting down. But in the contrary, this is an intense exercise not everyone can do at first! It takes a lot of practice and skill in order to become a good horseback rider. It takes balance and flexibility, as well as the right horse and equipment. You can find a lot of websites that offer advice and other information regarding horses, such as www.horse-show-schedules.com!
Basics of Horseback Riding
If you are just a beginner, don’t be worried or scared! While horseback riding is challenging at first, you will soon love the feeling of being one with your horse as you jump through hurdles and obstacles. Here are some things you should do in order to ride a horse properly:
- Mount the horse by putting your left foot up the stirrup before your right. Then sit down properly once both feet are planted safely on the handles.
- Adjust the ropes and ties to your size so as to properly guide your horse.
- When you want to start going and get your horse to walk, make a clucking sound and slightly step on the foot handles in order to signal your horse to start walking.
- To stop your horse, pull the reins and make a stop signal or sound.
- If you would like your horse to turn sides, this is easy. For the left side, step on your right foot and guide your horse left. For the right side, do the opposite.
- Do NOT be afraid or nervous around your horse, as he may be agitated or not know what to do.
- Have a guide before going on your own, especially if you do not know the basics on how to guide your horse.
With these tips and a step-by-step procedure as to how to ride a horse, you will surely be fine and be able to start your journey to horseback riding! Beginners will be able to take lessons in their local horse stables and fields. You can search online for horse stables near your local area where you will be able to practice horseback riding. Have fun and be in shape with this fun and unique sport! You will surely enjoy and not regret taking it up. Just remember to be careful and aware along the way.