An Ice Machine is required almost for every food service. There are several types of ice machines available in the market. It is very important to understand and know type of ice machine perfect for you. An undercounter ice machine is perfect for a small scale business where much ice is not required as in a small bar or a café, which saves you a lot of money and also fulfills all your needs without any heavy maintenance.
If you are just looking around for an undercounter ice machine, you need to keep these few considerations in mind:
- Firstly, consider the amount of ice you would require per day
- Measurements of the space where you are going to fix your ice machine
- Also keep in mind the ability to drain out the machine if required
- What kind of ice type you would require, eg: gourmet, nugget or clear cube ice
- Also consider the type of finish you are looking for, stainless steel or some colored scheme
- Make sure that you have convenient water supply and power outlets at the spot
There are even some outdoor ice machines which are convenient for outdoor usage. You may even use those machines in outdoor barbeque or picnic parties or even in a garage. Moreover, another consideration to keep in mind is the ice production capacity and ice storage capacity. Ice production capacity is the capability of the ice machine that it can produce within 24 hours whereas the ice storage capacity is the maximum amount of ice that could be stored in the machine at any given time. Also, it is highly recommended to use a water purifier along with an undercounter ice machine, however, it’s not a compulsion. And after you buy the machine, it is really important to go through the guide book provided along with the machine and follow its instructions strictly to ensure smooth and effective working of your new undercounter ice machine.
Some of the advantages of using an undercounter ice machine over the conventional ice cube trays:
- Cost efficiency: The most important thing about the undercounter ice machine is the money that it can save you in the long run. The capability to make your own ice would mean that you would not have to buy any more ice ever again.
- Convenience: It would reduce all the manual work that you have to do dislodging ice from an ice tray and that too just under your table. You need no more scraping of those inconvenient ice trays or running along for just a few cubes of ice.
- Outlook: Ultimately, it would also magnify the outlook of your work place, you may even customize your machine to go along with your interiors.
In conclusion, buying a befitting undercounter ice machine can do wonders for your business and lower your manual work to high extents. All you need to do is find a machine fulfilling your requirements and under your budget.